Hemp facts are Courtesy of The Kentucky Hemp Museum & Library, Versailles, KY
1. One acre of hemp produces twice as much oil as one acre of peanuts.
Agriculture, Papermakers have high hopes for Industrial Hemp.
Agri-View. ” Wisconsin’s largest farm newspaper” April 27, 1995.
2. America’s first hemp law was enacted in 1619 at Jamestown Colony, Virginia ordering all farmers to grow Indian hemp seed.
Clark. V.S., History of Manufacture in the United States, Mcgraw Hill. NY 1929. pg 34.
3. Cannabis hemp was legal tender in most of the Americas from 1631 until the early 1800’s. you could even pay your taxes with cannabis hemp.
Clark. V.S., History of Manufacture in the United States. Mcgraw Hill. NY 1929. pg. 34.
4. “The earliest known woven fabric was apparently of hemp which began to be worked in the eighth millennium (8,000-7,000) BC).
“The Columbia History of the World. 1981. pg. 54.
5. The original. Heavy-duty, famous Levi jeans were made for the California ’49ers out of hemp sailcloth and rivets so that the pockets would not rip when filled with gold.
Hemp and the Marijuana Conspiracy: The Emperor Wears No Clothes, Jack Herer, Revised and expanded 1995 edition: copyright March, 1995, HEMP Publishing. 5632 Van Nuys Blvd., Van Nuys. CA 91401. pg. 6.
6. One acre of hemp produces as much cellulose fiber pulp as 4.1 acres of trees.
Dewey & Merrill. Bulletin #404. U.S. Dept. of Age. 1916.
7. Hemp paper is stronger and has greater folding endurance than wood pulp paper.
Dewey & Merrill. Bulletin #404, US Dept. of Ag., 1916.
8. Cannabis hemp seeds contain all the essential amino acids and essential fatty acids, which are vital to the immune system necessary to maintain a healthy life.
Hempseed Nutrition. Osburn, Lynn, Access unlimited, P.O. Box 1900. Frazier Park. CA 93225.
9. Hemp seeds contain up to 24% protein. A handful of seed provides the minimum daily requirement of protein for adults.
Rosenthal. Ed. Hemp Today, pg. 101.
14. August 13, 1941, Henry Ford first displayed his plastic car at Dearborn Days in Michigan. The car ran on fuels derived from hemp and other agricultural based sources, and the fenders were made of hemp, wheat, straw, and synthetic plastics. Ford said his vision was “to grow automobiles from the soil.”
The Kentucky Hemp Museum and Library. 1998 Historical Hemp Calendar, February. Roulac, John. Industrial Hemp Practical Products – Paper to fabric to Cosmetics, pg. 11. Hemptech
Hemp facts are Courtesy of The Kentucky Hemp Museum & Library, Versailles, KY
NIMBIN TELEVISION provides extra video content for Nimbin MardiGrass and the Hemp Embassy.
Most of the content is about Cannabis Law Reform and portrays the virtues of hemp for food, fuel, fibre, medicine and pleasure.
Our web site expansion mission has connections with YouTube, Google, Blogger, WordPress and JustHost.
The content is managed from http://nimbintelevision.net/
Ahead of the crest.
Now there is another joint operation that has moved all the stories from this address and making it easier to spread the word; Cannabis.
Now you can find a more versatile web site with more features and more content, so much so that, there is going to be …..(read more)
…but ego in harmony, that’s the trick.
Here at the Pagan Love Cult inc., we like to think that it’s possible to strike a balance.
YouTube: Buzz the Fly A music clip by the Pagan Love Cult.
Mexico Decriminalizes Possesion of Drugs.
Mexico’s decriminalization of simple possession of marijuana, heroine, LSD, and cocaine.
Mexico’s Congress decriminalized the possession of very small quantities of those drugs and now treats simple possession as a public health issue rather than a criminal one. However, sharing, selling, buying, giving away, or in any way exchanging those drugs is still illegal, meaning that there is still no legal way for users to obtain the legally allowable amounts of their drug of choice.
Mexico’s new 5-gram limit on legal marijuana possession is far too small to allow Mexicans to grow marijuana for personal consumption. Mexico’s new drug policy might alleviate some pressure on Mexico’s judicial and prison systems by keeping minor offenders out of them, but it’s far from a radically new or innovative drug policy. (source) http://narcosphere.narconews.com
Thank you for your interest in Google News. We’ve received your suggestion and we’re unable to include it in Google News at this time. We don’t include sites that are written and maintained by one individual. We currently only include articles from sources that could be considered organizations.
Classic Cannabis Cinema – Here’s a list of excellent Cannabis movies and the links in random order. All titles are active links to the origin of the video and functioned properly when this page was last edited. Leave a comment if you find a better or replacement file.
Special thanks to HOSSERLEGALIZE420...Thank you for the list !
HERE ARE SOME GREAT FACTS ABOUT CANNABIS / HEMP!
· Farming 6% of the continental U.S. acreage with biomass crops (Hemp) would provide all of America’s Energy needs.
· Biomass can be converted into methane, methanol, or gasoline (which could eliminate our ties with the Middle East) at a cost comparable to petroleum and hemp is much better for the environment.
· Hemp fuel burns clean. Petroleum causes acid rain due to sulfur pollution.
· The use of Hemp Fuel does not contribute to global warming
· Hemp seed can be pressed into nutritious oil, which contains the highest amount of fatty acids in the plant kingdom. Essential oils are responsible for our immune system responses, and can clear the arteries of cholesterol and plaque.
· The byproduct of pressing the oil from hemp seed is a high quality protein seed cake. It can be used to bake into cakes, breads and casseroles. Hemp seed protein is one of mankind’s finest, most complete, and available-to-the body vegetable proteins.
· A Vegan or vegetarian can get all of the days required protein from a handful of hemp seed.
· Hemp is the oldest cultivated fiber plant in the world.
· Low-THC fiber hemp varieties developed by the French and others have been available for over 20 years. It is impossible to get high from fiber hemp. Over 600,000 acres of hemp is grown worldwide with no misuse problem.
· One acre of hemp can produce as much usable fiber as 4 acres of trees or two acres of cotton.
· Trees cut down take 50-500 years to grow, while hemp can be cultivated in as little as 100 days and can yield 4 times more paper over a 20 year period.
· Until 1883, from 75-90\% of all paper in the world was made with cannabis hemp fiber including that for books, Bibles, maps, paper money, stocks and bonds, newspapers, etc.
· Hemp paper is longer lasting than wood pulp, stronger, acid-free, and chlorine free (Chlorine is estimated to cause up to 10\% of all Cancers).
· Hemp paper can be recycled 7 times, wood pulp 4 times.
· Hemp particleboard may be up to 2 times stronger than wood particleboard and holds nails better.
· Hemp is a softer, warmer, and more water absorbent, than cotton and doesn’t stretch out.
· Half of the U.S. pesticides are used to treat cotton, while hemp has a natural pesticide.
· Almost any product that can be made from wood, cotton, or petroleum (including plastics) can be made from hemp. There are 25,000 known uses for hemp.
· For thousands of years virtually all good paints and varnishes were made with hemp seed oil and/or linseed oil.
· One acre of hemp produces as much cellulose fiber pulp as 4.1 acres of trees, making hemp a perfect material to replace trees for pressed board, particle board, and concrete construction molds.
· Heating and compressing plant fibers can create a practical, inexpensive, fire-resistant constructions material with excellent thermal and sound-insulating qualities.
· In 1941 Henry Ford built a plastic car made of fiber from hemp and wheat straw. Hemp is biodegradable, as synthetic plastic is not.
· Presidents Washington and Jefferson both grew hemp. Americans were legally bound to grow hemp during the Colonial Era and Early Republic.
AMERICAN DEATH FACTS(per year)!
· Deaths per year resulting from tobacco: 430,000
· Deaths per year resulting from legal drugs: 106,000
· Deaths per year resulting from alcohol: 100,000
· Deaths per year resulting from aspirin: 180- 1000
· Deaths that have ever occurred in direct result of Cannabis: 0 (that’s right zero)